Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Growing roots

Quick update on acclimating new orchids. The N0442 Phal bellina 'Ponkan AM/AOS' x 'Fifi' seedling I purchased from Orchidview had suffered some leaf rot and dropped all but one leaf, so I finally realized the error of my ways on treating smaller plants. All of them are now getting a spa treatment!

In general, most of the plants haven't been growing or putting out new roots despite my attempt to increase temperature and humidity. Therefore, I've procured a flat with a dome for the small plants and bagged the bigger plants with 1 gallon ziplock bags. Being stuck in a stuffy box on their way here and new surroundings are very stressful for the little guys. Hopefully this will encourage some root growth, especially on my sad Phal bellina.

No comments:

Post a Comment