Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Phalaenopsis pantherina

This is the 2014 bloom for this Phal. pantherina. It is still trying to be established in moss but I'm happy it can still bloom. Also, I detected a fragrance from this which smells like a sharply sweet parsley! The Cornu-cervi complex is a challenge in my conditions for some reason. I suspect they like really high humidity with bright light. However, in lower humidity I find that they do better under lower light conditions. The 'blooming size' Phal. cornu-cervi I have is still refusing to spike and Phal. borneensis I recently got is still a seedling, so it will be a while before I get to compare their flowers in person. I'm still missing Phal. lamelligera in order to have a complete set of this group of phals from Borneo, so the search continues.

Phalaenopsis pantherina




No comments:

Post a Comment