Thursday, September 26, 2013

Phalaenopsis pantherina

Finally have a few things blooming to offset the greenness of the grow area, so I'm not complaining. This is Phal. pantherina 'Chiba' x 'Chin'. It was recently transplanted but still managed to make a few buds so I'm really happy to see that it managed to push out a flower. The first bloom was weird with two dorsal sepals and no lip, so I cut it out and here's the second bloom that is thankfully normal-looking. And yes, this species is endemic to Borneo.


















I'm giving this species more light along with the Phal. cornu-cervi, at about 2500 FC. The cornu-cervi has not spiked yet despite the higher light treatment but is making roots like crazy. I'm giving it a dry period for a couple of weeks perhaps this will encourage it to spike...

No comments:

Post a Comment