Friday, July 19, 2013

Lights up!

Recently updated to the final version of my envisioned grow area (hopefully). As accounted in my previous entries, I've faced some challenges getting roots to grow on smaller seedlings after transport stress. I think I've finally found a solution after reading about media selection. The small phals are now repotted in 100% NZ sphagnum and under humidity domes 24/7. They look happier and some new leaves are actually emerging. Hope they do the next thing and push out roots. It might also be because I installed T5 lights at the grow area. This is definitely helping some of the higher light phals that are mature so I'm hopeful that this will incite some positive growth for these as well. The added advantage is that the lights allow me to face the phals inwards, increasing the aesthetic factor of their eventual flowering habit and making their care more enjoyable.

Here's a picture of the current set up. Now only if I could automate the watering in the home setting without flooding everything..


No comments:

Post a Comment